Monday, August 06, 2007

QQ

The word on the street is that Season 3 weapons will actually require a specific arena rating to purchase (the number being thrown around is 1900). This was supposedly confirmed at blizzcon, but I haven't found a blue post to back it up... Still, it seems like it's happening.

Oh well, I guess now I don't have to agonize over whether or not to purchase the s2 dagger this late in the season.

UPDATE: Here's the exact quote from the wowinsider blizzcon transcript:
4:33pm: Because weapons aren't as distingushed against raid gear (players were raiding, and just doing arenas for the weapons), there's going to be a rating requirement to buy a weapon-- can't just save points, have to do well to get the weapon.



Argh, I feel like this punishes melee classes more than casters. For casters, weapons are really just glorified armor pieces. For melee classes, the arena weps are a significant dps boost over anything else that's accessible without raiding.

5 comments:

Rick Kitagawa said...

Yeah, and the casters have the advantage in the arena too, as they can use conjured items.

This double-screws over the melee (and Hunter) classes, as we need our weapons to kill people, unlike those jerk casters.

On a good note, I'm 2/5 the way to getting my t3 set! Woot!

meef said...

hot damn, i wish i had bold armor ;_;

well, guess i can't complain... haven't been running my instances -_-

so are you getting beast lord?

meef said...

hmmm is the point requirement only going to apply to weapons or all the arena items?

if just weapons... will the shield be considered a weapon?!

hmmmmmm

Rick Kitagawa said...

Yup, Beast Lord. Now it's just runs of SV and SH for me...

All I can say is at least I'm lucky I got the Cutlass, which has like a 4-8% drop rate or something.

InfoMofo said...

The justification i heard for the weapon things is that for the most part, the arena armor isn't that great for pve (doesn't compete with raiding drops), but the arena weapons are pretty much the best there is.