Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Uh, what should I do, guys?

So I've been planning on going towards 5/5 Beast Lord as we slowly rack up Arena points, but if I buy something soon, I'd say I'd get [Merciless Gladiator's Chain Gauntlets]

since they give the Multi-shot boost, and also since out of the three pieces of BL set, the gloves drop in SH, and I hate doing SH, while I actually like doing SV (where Kalithresh drops the other 2). So, that's if I wanna drop the points now.

But I'm also ignorant of all sorts of WoW stuff, including Arena ish. So assuming I get to carry my points over from S2 to S3, and assuming that there's a drop in price of S2 gear, and since there aren't a whole lot of weapon upgrades I can get from non-raid instances, I'd say maybe I'd save up and go for [Merciless Gladiator's Crossbow of the Phoenix]

So whadda you guys think?

3 comments:

meef said...

My current understanding of the arena seasons is as follows:

--Points will carry over
--S3 weapons will require a (considerably) high rating to purchase
--S2 will probably be dropped in price like S1 gear was this time
--S1 gear will be made available for honor points

If this holds true, then I'd definitely go for the crossbow. I'm assuming there's nothing close that drops in heroics, so due to the rating requirement next season, the weapon will prolly last you a long time.

That said, since i'm such a weird contribution to our team, i'm not sure if i wanna go for a weapon or armor next...


--threadhijack--
i'm thinking of getting the scout's medallion for kotonoha (11agi, 7 sta), legionnaire's band (8str, 8agi, 5 sta), outrunner's bow (3agi, 6 sta), and forest stalker's bracers (8 str, 14 agi, 6 sta). that comes out to 90 tokens... you guys have any recommendations as far as best long term investment?
i'm guess the epic bracers should prolly be my first purchase, but after that... (course i need lvl 40 for those... the rest are 38, i'm 37 atm)

InfoMofo said...

Yes, I would also go for the crossbow because:
1) It is unlikely we will be able to purchase the s3 weapons (although i am curious what is going to stop 1900+ teams from selling their alt spots just to buy the weapon).
2) The gloves are nice for PVP, but not thaat great for pve, right? The crossbow seems like it'll be good in both (although resilience on a xbow?? weird).

Meef, have you seen ShadowPanther It has some great tables for rogue gear, and if you check out the "twink gear" guide, you can kind of get a feel for the good gear at different brackets. The twink gear is probably a little more pvp-stat oriented than you really want, but it'll give you a good idea of what's out there.

meef said...

damn i had totally forgot about those charts. they're awesome. looks like the stuff i'm goin after is about right so i'll prolly just start with the longest lastin stuff...