Monday, June 12, 2006

Spooky login problems

I tried to log into the forums this morning and noticed a field asking for my CDKey. Here is a screenshot of what all the forum pages look like to me from Firefox:


I mentioned this to J, and he said that he didn't see any CD Key field (he was also using Firefox). This got me confused and worried, so I tried IE on my machine, and I didn't see any box asking for a CD Key.


I've tried clearing my cache, cookies, etc. Has anyone else seen this screen? I so far have only seen this screen from my work computer, and not my home computer. I have no extensions on firefox other than AdBlock.

EDIT: I've posted a thread to wow-tech-support here. No one else seems to be able to see this box... The graphics used in the box (i.e. the cdkey image all come from the forums.worldofwarcraft.com server, and the action url of the form is some aspx form on forums.worldofwarcraft.com, so I don't think that my browser has been hijacked or that this information could be compromised in any way, but just to be safe I'm going to be using IE to access the forums for a while.

2 comments:

Alex said...

Does this happen on your home machine?

InfoMofo said...

No, just at work! Weird, right? I don't even have install privileges on my machine here. I can't even install firefox plugins!