Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Better Living Through Mediocrity


So... First off, Meef and I created a 2v2 Arena team, with the epic name "Chicken and ROFLs"; Cow, Dwight, go see Meef and get added as alternates to the charter. Second off, we suck. We actually went 0-10 yesterday. Of course, we are both heavily PVE spec'd and geared, and we really just wanted to get our 10 games in to get our points. At our ranking of about 1345, we will still get about 250 arena points for this week. Coupled with the crappy 3v3 team i joined (about a 1400 ranking), I will get over 500 arena points for the week.

According to this point calculator here, if I were to join a similarly mediocre 5v5 team, and earn a fairly horrible 1300 rating each week, I would still rake in over 900 arena points a week. By maintaining a 1300 ranking in each bracket, I'll be able to afford the Gladiator's Shanker in just 3 weeks. Even if my teams get even worse and I only get an 1000 rating in each bracket, I still get the dagger in 4 weeks, according to the calculator.

I mean... sure, having a shitty arena ranking in 3 brackets will hurt the e-peen, and will make me more hesitant to link my armory profile in external forums, but hey, epix is epix. Why didn't I discover mediocrity sooner?

UPDATE: J has shattered my dreams. Apparently you can only get points for one bracket at a time, so my numbers are all off. If I was on a 5v5 team that maintained a 1300, I could get the shanker in 7 weeks. If i maintain a 1000, it goes up to 9 weeks. Blech. I'll stick with PVE i guess...

No comments: