Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Static BBQ

Jason-san brought up a good point in a previous comment. He suggested making a static page with "Meef's tips/guidelines for instances", which might outlines our policies on loot, practical macros, and common strategies that are useful in an instance. In addition to that, I was thinking it might be useful to have other static content for our guild, such as a list of active members and all of their characters, along with their professions. It would be great to know that, when I pick up some Malachite that I'm not using, for example, instead of vendoring it or auctioning it, I could send it to a lower level guild member who is in Smithing.

In addition, it might be cool to just have our character profiles somewhere so that if I find a Mail helmet somewhere, I can figure out right away if it's better than the one Meef currently has equipped or something. I looked into Allakhazam for this, and it seems they have a profile hosting service that automatically shows your equipment, but it only works on PCs. Does anyone know of any other similar profile hosting sites that might have a mac-compatible plugin?

7 comments:

meef said...

http://www.ctprofiles.net/

this is a good profile site in terms of features, but i am unaware of any auotmated updater. it allows you to specify your current talents (which will be reflected in your calculated stats), and also specify other profiles such as "my pvp gear" or "my wish list" etc

InfoMofo said...

Looking into it some more, the thottbot uploader plugin for cosmos seems to have a port for mac, but it's in beta. I'll have to do more research on this when I get home. Also... I'm not thrilled with the thottbot character profile viewer... At the very least we can start compiling our own list of group members, their alts, and their professions. Mine are:

* Bendyr - Undead Rogue - Mining, Engineering
* Manudder - Tauren Hunter - Skinning, Leatherworking

Alex said...

DwightShroot - Undead Warlock - Skinning Tailoring

FetidPhoenix - Undead Mage - Skinning Tailoring (thinking of switghing one of these)

meef said...

i alchemy it up with my herblalism

InfoMofo said...

J, if you're going to make that instance tip/etiquette guide, you should also include an Appendix with a "Meef to Human" dictionary with things like "Nicre" and "Sexay"; as we've discussed before-- The Meefipedia.

Alex said...

we can either make it a post, and permalink it on the right, or I suggest a pbwiki page.

BTW I grabbed MEEF.pbwiki.com already. mail me if you want the password.

InfoMofo said...

Alex, I like how you say you "grabbed" meef.pbwiki.com. Like that was a hot domain or something.